The Rooney’s Halloween celebration takes an unexpected turn when a magic amulet turns twins Liv and Maddie into triplets, and their sister is the frightening Helga. Meanwhile, Joey and Parker use the amulet to clone themselves.
|After Karen gives Maddie an old magic amulet she and Liv played with when they were little, Maddie accidentally gives up a spell of not having a twin; with disappointment after Liv insisted on changing the theme of their high school's Halloween party to "Brown". However, instead of erasing Liv from existence, the spell gives them another twin, Helga; thus making them triplets. After Helga is seen emerging from their closet, Maddie is in disbelief. Helga gives her a monster Helga-wedgie and takes them to the school. Helga was seemingly feared the most on their high school, whilst using Liv, Maddie, and their friend Willow as slaves. Helga takes Liv and Maddie to school, where after an argument between the twins, Maddie decides to return home and use the amulet to erase Helga. To create a distraction, Liv makes her iconic "diva moment" towards Helga, who instead orders her "slaves" to capture her.
Meanwhile, Joey and Parker use the amulet to make themselves clones. They soon realize that the clones weren't just as they expected after they have Karen and Pete captured, preparing to cook and eat them in the backyard. Joey and Parker then run back inside to the living room, where they meet Maddie, who attempts to use the amulet once more to make them twins again. Soon after, Helga returns home, and when Maddie questions about Liv's whereabouts, she reveals that she is Maddie's only twin; meaning that Liv has been fully erased from existence. While mourning Liv's "death", Maddie witnesses Helga swallowing the amulet and uses this as an opportunity to use it again, this time wanting the family back to normal. The amulet then glows inside Helga's stomach, finally erasing her and Joey and Parker's clones from existence.
Maddie then awakes back in the time where Karen "hypnotizes" her with the amulet, showing that the events with Helga and the clones were only her dreams of having fear. Maddie meets Liv, who tells her to use her intended idea of "Brown" for the school's Halloween party, but Liv instead improves her original idea, much to Maddie's excitement.
Later, Karen uses a yo-yo to give hypnotherapy to Joey. Karen successfully hypnotizes Joey, but Joey is accidentally turned into Ooey that only says Ooey.
| This episode summary is not finished yet.
Please excuse the summary's unfinished state and try adding to it so we can finish it!
- Dove Cameron as Liv Rooney / Maddie Rooney / Helga
- Joey Bragg as Joey Rooney / Ooey
- Tenzing Norgay Trainor as Parker Rooney / Parker Plus
- Kali Rocha as Karen Rooney
- Benjamin King as Pete Rooney
Maddie: That stupid amulet is magic!!
Liv: ♪ Maaaagic. ♪
Maddie: Ohh, that stupid amulet made us triplets!! It's supposed to be Liv and Maddie! Not Liv and Maddie and...Helga!!
- This is the second Halloween episode of the series. The first was Kang-A-Rooney.
- The Sisters By Chance poster was changed to "Sisters By Chance, Friends By FORCE" whenever Helga was around.
- Dove Cameron appeared as three roles in this episode; she appeared as Liv, Maddie and Helga.
- Most of this episode was Maddie's dream.
- This is the first time Liv and Maddie are triplets. However, it was just a dream.
- Maddie says the show's title Liv and Maddie. She also says that it shouldn't be Liv and Maddie and Helga.
- This is the first time clones are seen.
- This is the first time a main character was "killed" in the show, with Liv being captured and presumably killed off-screen by Helga's "slaves", then being erased from existence afterward. However, it was just a dream, as Liv is alive and well at the end of the episode.
- Throughout the episode, when insulted, Helga would hand out painful wedgies to the person who insulted her.
- Reggie is absent for this episode but is mentioned by Parker and Joey
- It is revealed at the end of the episode that Helga was inspired by Karen, who hypnotized Maddie into dreaming of her. Karen's goal was to give hypnotherapy about Maddie's knee and her shooting a 3-pointer with it. Karen turned her fears into a monster named Helga.
- At the end of this episode, Joey accidentally turned into Ooey that only says "Ooey".
| To view the Helgaween-A-Rooney gallery, click here.