Liv co-hosts and performs at a New Year's Eve party and when a secret is revealed on live TV, it causes Maddie to question her long-distance relationship with Diggie.
It's New Year's Eve and Liv is co-hosting Johnny Nim-bust a Move Dancing New Year's Eve alongside Johnny Nimbus, where she is promoting a powerful product of hers called the Dry By Liv hair dryer, and will be debuting her new hit single "You and Me and the Beat" after midnight. Back at the Rooney house, Maddie is going to be spending New Year's Eve virtually with Diggie who is in Tundrabania. After using Liv's hair dryer to melt the ice around her fur uniform, she begins to watch the show which is already mentioning Liv's "FroyoYOLO" video which she made earlier on. The Q&A section begins next, and the second question is from Johnny's nephew Larabee, who asks Liv if it's true that during the FroyoYOLO video, she kissed Diggie, which shocks Maddie. Liv nervously admits it's true while doing sarcastic jazz hands, which is how she tries to cover something up. Maddie sends the next message to ask about the sarcastic jazz hands, to which Liv gets more nervous and says she's trying to cover up the fact she "kissed her boyfriend", making Maddie angry and thinking Diggie cheated on her. She then sends another message telling Liv she's destroying her shoes, which frightens Liv who tries to explain, but is interrupted by a clown. Meanwhile, Maddie ignores Liv and destroys her shoes.
With seven minutes to midnight, Maddie still continues to ignore Liv's pleas to answer her missed calls and when Diggie appears online, he too confesses he kissed Liv in the "FroyoYOLO" video, and when Maddie calls him out for it, the call loses reception due to the Tundrabania internet not working smoothly. When he finally comes back, Maddie ignores Diggie's pleas and is about to break up with him when she receives another text from Liv telling her to "Look at the TV". She sees Liv on the TV telling Maddie to unmute her, to which she relents. After un-muting the TV, Liv explains to Maddie the kiss with Diggie is not what she thought, and asks Johnny to play the "FroyoYOLO" video, showing the part where she kissed the robot. Liv reveals Diggie was in the robot costume and the producers said it was okay if she kissed the mask. She didn't tell Maddie beforehand because she thought she would treat this like a big deal. Maddie apologizes to Diggie for the misunderstanding, and the two kiss each other through the screens at midnight, with Diggie's lips getting stuck to the screen from ice. In the end, Liv performs "You and Me and the Beat" and everyone dances.
- Dove Cameron as Liv and Maddie Rooney
- Joey Bragg as Joey Rooney
- Tenzing Norgay Trainor as Parker Rooney
- Kali Rocha as Karen Rooney
- Benjamin King as Pete Rooney
- Emmy Buckner as Liv #2
- Shelby Wulfert as Maddie #2
- Ryan McCartan as Diggie
- Kurt Long as Johnny Nimbus
- This is the first New Years Eve holiday special of the series.
- Joey is sporting a noticeably shorter haircut.
- Maddie and Diggie have their first kiss but over a webcam chat.
- FroyoYOLO is played in this episode.
- This is the only episode so far that Liv and Maddie don't interact in person.
- The body doubles for Liv and Maddie were not in the episode.
- In this episode, Maddie doesn't wear her signature ponytail; ironically, Liv has her hair in a ponytail throughout the entire episode.
| To view the New Year's Eve-A-Rooney gallery, click here.